Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Peacemaker's Prayer- Prayer/Poem of the Week

Dear Lord,
You tell us that they are blessed who bring the good news of peace--peace, not as the world gives but that which can come from you alone--and you promise that those who bring such peace to the world are made worthy to be called the sons of God. And so we know that the more we become peacemakers, the more we are cast in your likeness, having our Mother Mary as the true mold by which that image is forged. Trusting, then, in the merits and prayers of the Queen of Peace, the Lady of All Nations, I ask you to forge my soul in all virtues, supernatural and natural, so that I may become a instrument of peace in the lives of my fellow man. Help me to share love where there is distrust. Help me to overcome whatever pride prevents wisdom from conquering misunderstanding. Guide me to be your presence to others and to bring about reconciliation as the fruit of a life hidden in you.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. One new book I think that should be on everyone's Christmas list is God's Bucket List, by Catholic author Teresa Tomeo. Here a link to it: http://ow.ly/rhf1h

    ReplyDelete