Friday, November 18, 2016

A Prayer for Faith

~A Prayer~
Lord, do not give me a simple faith,
~Narrow, serene, and tranquil;
Give me a faith that roars
~Like mighty waves on a stormy sea;
Give me a faith that shatters,
 ~Like lightning breaking the Cedars of Lebanon;
Give me a faith that pierces,
~Splitting me on the sharp edge of your word;
Give me faith like a whirlwind
~In which I am thrown wherever your will intends;
Give me faith so wide and so deep that, no matter from what height I fall,
~I need not fear the rocks beneath.
In the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

Domine,
Fidem ne dones mihi simplicem
Serenam, angustam, tranquillam;
Da mihi fidem reboantem
Sicut fluctus alti in turbido mari;
Da mihi fidem confringentem
Ut fulgur cedros Lebanon frangens;
Da mihi fidem percutientem;
Me aperientem tuo verbo  velut ensi;
Da mihi fidem sicut turbinem,
In quo iacter quocumque dirigat voluntas tua;
Fidem da mihi tam latam altamque
Ut de qualibet altitudine cadam
Saxa inferiora sint mihi non timenda.
In nomine Christi. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment