Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Introit Antiphons for Advent

These are my metrical versions of the Introit Antiphons for Advent. They can be sung to Old 100th with the Doxology. I figure that someone might find them useful.

First Sunday of Advent
My spirit unto Thee I raise, 
O Lord, who keepest all my days;
Protect from enmity and shame,
All those who trust in Thy great name.
REFRAIN: 
Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him all creatures here below,
Praise Him above ye heavenly host,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Second Sunday of Advent
See, Zion's people, how your King,
Shall to all lands salvation bring, 
And make the glory of His word,
In your hearts joyfully be heard. REFRAIN

Third Sunday of Advent
Rejoice at all times in the Lord,
Rejoice, I say, with one accord, 
And let your gentleness be known
For God comes soon to claim his own. REFRAIN

Fourth Sunday of Advent
Pour out, O heavens, from on high
That righteousness may flood the sky, 
And from the depths of earth may spring,
The One who shall salvation bring. REFRAIN



No comments:

Post a Comment